When it comes to choosing the right Australian Business Coach for your business, you cannot afford to leave things to chance.
Choose the right coach and you could quickly take your business to the next level. But – – choose a novice or worse, someone whose only claim to being a qualified coach is that they have shelled out for a franchise and you could end up regretting your decision every time you think about it.
With that in mind, here are 5 things to keep in mind when choosing the right business coach for your Australian business…
- Chose the Right Coach for the Right Job. In the same way as we have different medical professionals that specialize in different fields, not all coaches are created equal.
- Proof. You should ask the coach; “What qualifies you to coach me?” And they should be able to show you proof of their capabilities. Have they ran their own successful business in the past? Do they have references from satisfied clients?
- Get Things in Writing. So many Australian business owners fail to establish the ground rules in their business dealings. When you get things in writing (and I mean everything) you avoid misunderstandings and both parties know what is expected of them.
- Choose a Coach that Asks the Right Questions – Lots of Questions. A good coach will take time and effort to ‘get inside your head’ He or she will ask dozens of questions relating to different aspects of your business. If they don’t – avoid them. They are like a doctor prescribing a cure without even examining you.
- The You Factor. Some people hire a business coach expecting the coach to do the work. In reality if it is to be it is up to me. For your business to change, you have to change. No one – even the best coach in the entire world can do that for you.